From Atlas to Atlantic:
This trip combines a walking part with a sightseeing circuit in a bus around the Atlantic coast of Morocco. Through the unknown mountains of the occidental range of the high Atlas we head off to explore where the Berbers’ lifestyle , settling the area , for centuries , has not changed , as well as the animated and perfumed souks of the Souss region. By this mix of areas we aim to link peaks to waves, rustic to modern lives and remote villages to imperial cities within a new but full approach to Morocco.
- Day 1 :Transfer in a bus to the village of Amizmiz000m) Tisguis (1200 m)
- Day 2 :Annougal river-Toug lkheir,Imi n’isli, Imazayn….
- Day 3 : Imi ntazla – tizi fourna (1700 m)-Tnirt
- Day 4 : Anougal- tizga
- Day 5 : Tizi n’oudif
- Day 6 : Iguer village .
- Day 7 : Adrar ntadaffalt- Tizi ntidd -Ikkis village
- Day 8 /9 : wadi N’fiss – Tanammaert, Lemkal, Idraren, and Agadir Nouqqoun
- Day 10 : Mouldikht- Taroudant,
- Day 11 : Agadir -Essaouira
- Day 12 : city visit from the Squalla (the Portuguese wall and city), the souks, the squares and all the thuya art craftsmen to the port or simply the beach. All is a chance to relax and enjoy the weirdly spiritual life in the city.
Meals are enjoyed either alfresco on a terrace or dining inside the Kasbah’s restaurant which also doubles as a ‘salon’ for convivial social gatherings to perhaps enjoy a bottle or two of the local drinks, perhaps a fine champagne or pot of mint tea. All meals are freshly prepared in a traditional Moroccan style with a choice of meat and vegetarian tagines and couscous for dinner, salads or picnics for lunch (depending on the activity of the day) and Moroccan pancakes, freshly baked bread, local jam and honey for breakfast.
- For hikers: we propose one-day or half-day hikes that may be done alone with a suitable map. During these hikes you will have the opportunity to discover the architectural traditions of the Valley, understand locals’ lifestyle and see the most wonderful landscapes in the valley and the surrounding mountains.
- For trekkers: this is the starting point to climb M’Goun, which is the second highest Moroccan summit, located at 4071 meters.
- The round trip from your Kasbah Lodge may be done in 4 or 5 days with a local guide (prices to be determined according to your program).
- For explorers: Discover in detail the surrounding valleys, such as the Ait Bouwli and Tessaout valleys, by car, either over one day or several days and with or without guides according to your desires.
- For riders: From May the 15th to September the 15th it is possible to organize trips with horses or mules, either over one day or over the whole day.
- Between girlfriends :Discover all the beauty secrets of Morocco, through visiting local workshops and exploring traditional beauty care methods, such as Hammam, henna tattoo or even cooking classes in collaboration with the local women.
- For the culturally curious… Discover in detail and get familiar with local culture thanks to our library located within your Kasbah Lodge and in which you will find many books, films or music about the life of local people in the Atlas. You can even learn the local language.
The High Atlas range is usually open all year around and closes during heavy snowfall months and to avoid the cold freezing times some of these scheduled tours can blocked off. Do bear in mind that winter nights can be cold (the cosy duvets will keep you warm), and that Christmas / New Year is extremely popular.
This trip should appeal to travellers who have an appreciation of nature and who seek accessible mountainous ranges. We offer a high degree of exclusivity and service well away from the large commercialised high Atlas valleys. Big enough to accommodate a group of 12-16 guests travelling in two or three 4×4 vehicles or mini-vans, comfortable rooms are available on a nightly basis to individuals, couples, families or groups of friends.
Departing on a daily basis, we offer a range of meticulously planned, private guided 4×4 tour itineraries and short treks, from 2 nights and over which include stays , treks and 4×4 drive in the High Atlas Mountains. We can also custom-build an itinerary to your exact requirements: