Prelude to Sahara:
Combining some walk at the jebel sarhro and a drive via parts of the draa valley is an insight into the pre-desert area announcing the sahara. This trip allows great encounters with the nomads roaming the plateaus and ergs of the great south and the kasbah routes.
- DAY 1 : TRANSFER TO QALAA VIA TCIHKA PASS
- DAY 2 : TISLIT N’OUZERZAM- ALMOU NOUAREG
- DAY 3 : KOUWAWCH- IGGLI
- DAY 4 : AFOURAR – BAB N’ALI
- DAY 5 : AMGUIS- TAGGOURT- TIFDASSINE
- DAY 6 : TIFDASSINE- HANDOUR- DRAA
- DAY 7 : WALK IN THE DRAA VALLEY- OUARZAZATE
- DAY 8 : TRANSFER BACK TO MARRAKECH
- DAY 9 : EXPLORE MARRAKECH
Meals are enjoyed either alfresco on a terrace or dining inside the mess tent restaurant which also doubles as a ‘salon’ for convivial social gatherings to perhaps enjoy a bottle or two of the local drinks, perhaps a fine champagne or pot of mint tea. All meals are freshly prepared in a traditional Moroccan style with a choice of meat and vegetarian tagines and couscous for dinner, salads or picnics for lunch (depending on the activity of the day) and Moroccan pancakes, freshly baked bread, local jam and honey for breakfast.
- For hikers: we propose full day hikes that may be done alone with a suitable map. During these hikes you will have the opportunity to discover the architectural traditions of the Valley, understand locals’ lifestyle and see the most wonderful landscapes in the valley and the surrounding mountains.
- For explorers: Discover in detail the surrounding valleys, such as the Ait Bouwli and Tessaout valleys, by car, either over one day or several days and with or without guides according to your desires.
- For riders: From September the 15th to May the 15th it is possible to organize trips with horses or mules, either over one day or over the whole day.
- Between girlfriends :Discover all the beauty secrets of Morocco, through visiting local workshops and exploring traditional beauty care methods, such as Hammam, henna tattoo or even cooking classes in collaboration with the local women.
- For the culturally curious… Discover in detail and get familiar with local culture thanks to our library located within your Kasbah Lodge and in which you will find many books, films or music about the life of local people in the Atlas. You can even learn the local language.
The Anti Atlas range is usually open all year around and closes during summer scorching months and to avoid the heatwave times some of these scheduled tours can blocked off. Do bear in mind that winter nights can be cold (the cosy duvets will keep you warm), and that Christmas / New Year is extremely popular.
This trip should appeal to travellers who have an appreciation of nature and who seek accessible mountainous ranges. We offer a high degree of exclusivity and service well away from the large commercialised high Atlas valleys. Big enough to accommodate a group of 12-16 guests travelling in two or three 4×4 vehicles or mini-vans, comfortable rooms are available on a nightly basis to individuals, couples, families or groups of friends.