Buttes & pinnacles:
When the high Atlas passes close in winter, an area of variegated and surreal beauty inhabited by nomadic tribes of the Ait Atta is open to trekkers. The djebel Sarhro/ sahro is a contorted jumble of volcanic monoliths, gouged and chiselled to form stark canyons, mesas and plateaux. Dissected by verdant gorges like the Dades valley, the mountains are dotted with ruined Kasbahs and oases providing shelter and winter pastures for animals and shepherds.
- DAY 1 : MARRAKECH-HANDOUR .
- DAY 2 : HANDOUR -BERKIK.
- DAY 3 : BERKIK-IRHISSI . .
- DAY 4 : IRHISSI -IRHAZZOUN (1300M).
- DAY 5 : IRHAZZOUN-BAB N’ALI.(1400M)
- DAY 6 : BAB N’ALI -IGLI(1200M).
- DAY 7 : IGLI-ASSIF N’OUAREG(2100M).
- DAY 8 : TAGDILT.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation (3 nights in riad ***, traditional-style hotels, 2 nights in a simple village house and 9 nights camping in the Jebel Saghro region)
- Chartered transport
- Mules carry camp equipment, tents and luggage (1per 2 clients/1 mule per 4 bags)
- Meals (14 B, 11 L, 11 D)
- A local Moroccan leader-mountain guide,
- Escorted guided tour in Marrakesh
- Berber cook and muleteers support during trek.
- Age restriction: minimum age 14 (get our advise)
- Optional activities available in Marrakesh include:
- A scrub up at a local hammam
- A guided walking tour of Marrakesh medina
- Optional excursion either cycling or quad bikes palmeraie tour or balloon flight,
- Excursion day to Essaouira or high atlas,
- Dinners and shows to be arranged by your local guide.