The draa valley :
Flowing all the way to the Atlantic ocean, Draa is Morocco’s longest river. It disappears in the desert of Chiggag around M’hamid, some 240 km from its headwaters following one of Morocco’s most spectacular drives. The Draa valley has a certain power simply because it’s a dead-end and is as wild as some parts of the country. Yet, it makes the trip down to the Sahara more inviting .The plains south give way to date palmeries, oases and dozens of kasbahs and ksours that line on both sides of the river. Walking through the scattered settlements ends up when sands start drifting heavily to definite closure, the end of the road, ahead uncountable and marvelous ocean of dunes of the Cheggaga.
- Day 1 : Marrakech /Ouarzazate/Zagora/Mhamid.
- Day 2 : Mhamid / Daya aoutid
- Day 3 : Daya aoutid /Erg smar
- Day 4/5/6 : Erg smar /Erg l’mhazil.
- Day 7 : Zaouit Sidi Abdenbi camp / Iriqqi Lake
- Day 8 : Iriqqi Lake /Marrakech
Beyond the Cheggaga dunes :
With its immensity,wide open spaces and tundra like scenery, driving in the Cheggaga is a thrilling and riveting adventure .In addition to the scenery, the obstacles presented by dromedaries and donkey-drawn carts make travelling more interesting. Life’s rhythm follows the camels’ pace and people stroll along the roads’ sides.
- Day 1 : Marrakech/ Ouarzazate /Zagora / Beni ali
- Day 2 : BNI ALI /IMI TALAT.
- Day 3 : IMI TALAT / NESRATE dunes.
- Day 4 : NESRATE / TEDRI dunes
- Day 5 : TEDRI / BOUNOU
- Day 6 : BOUNOU / OULAD DRISS
- Day 7 : Transfer to Marrakech via Ait Benhaddou-
This trip neatly marks the end of Morocco’s great Draa oasis valleys.Beyond the last outpost the sand drifting like snow across the road , the immensity of the horizon,and the patient gait of camels combine to gender a palpable sense of time and space . Under the starlit sky of the Cheggaga dunes, few miles further away, people encounter with desert life .Beyond M’hamid, the desert becomes a 360° degrees reality, where the ocean of sand dunes submerges and the desert sensations put some kick in the admirers.
- Day 1: Marrakech- sidi Saleh- Tidri
- Day2: Tidri- Ras Nakhil
- Day3: Ras Nakhil- Sidi Naji
- Day4: Sidi Naji- Erg Zhar
- Day5: Erg Smar
- Day6: Cheggaga
- day 7: back to marrakech