A classical round about Toubkal range and summit trekking its most spectacular villages and main sites. It offers a great deal of satisfaction and diversity of this popular range.
- Day1:Marrakech-Imi Ourhlad- Tizi oussem
- Day2: Neltner Hut
- Day3: Toubkal summit- Ifni lake
- Day4: Tamsouzart- Timichi
- Day5:Assif Ait boulmane
- Day6: Iaabbassen- Tacheddirt
- Day7: Back to Marrakech.
Meals are enjoyed either alfresco on a terrace or dining outdoors or in homehosted restaurant which also doubles as a ‘salon’ for convivial social gatherings to perhaps enjoy a bottle or two of the local drinks, perhaps a fine champagne or pot of mint tea. All meals are freshly prepared in a traditional Moroccan style with a choice of meat and vegetarian tagines and couscous for dinner, salads or picnics for lunch (depending on the activity of the day) and Moroccan pancakes, freshly baked bread, local jam and honey for breakfast.
For hikers: we propose one-day or half-day hikes that may be done alone with a suitable map. During these hikes you will have the opportunity to discover the architectural traditions of the Valley, understand locals’ lifestyle and see the most wonderful landscapes in the valley and the surrounding mountains.
- For trekkers: this is the starting point to climb Toubkal, which is the highest Moroccan summit, located at 4168 meters.
- The round trip from your Kasbah Lodge may be done in 4 or 5 days with a local guide (prices to be determined according to your program).
- For explorers: Discover in detail the surrounding valleys, such as the Ait mizane and ait souka valleys, by car, either over one day or several days and with or without guides according to your desires.
- For riders: From May the 15th to October the 15th it is possible to organize trips with horses or mules, either over one day or over the whole day.
- Between girlfriends :Discover all the beauty secrets of Morocco, through visiting local workshops and exploring traditional beauty care methods, such as Hammam, henna tattoo or even cooking classes in collaboration with the local women.
- For the culturally curious… Discover in detail and get familiar with local culture thanks to our library located within your Kasbah Lodge and in which you will find many books, films or music about the life of local people in the Atlas. You can even learn the local language.
The High Atlas range is usually open all year around and closes during heavy snowfall months and to avoid the cold freezing times some of these scheduled tours can blocked off. Do bear in mind that winter nights can be cold (the cosy duvets will keep you warm), and that Christmas / New Year is extremely popular.
This trip should appeal to travellers who have an appreciation of nature and who seek accessible mountainous ranges. We offer a high degree of exclusivity and service well away from the large commercialised high Atlas valleys. Big enough to accommodate a group of 12-16 guests travelling in two or three 4×4 vehicles or mini-vans, comfortable rooms are available on a nightly basis to individuals, couples, families or groups of friends.
High Alas tours:
Departing on a daily basis, we offer a range of meticulously planned, private guided 4×4 tour itineraries and short treks, from 2 nights and over which include stays , treks and 4×4 drive in the High Atlas Mountains. We can also custom-build an itinerary to your exact requirements: